This is a Wednesday’s Wonderful Words post, in which I chose a word, well-know or otherwise, and discuss why I think it’s so wonderful.
/ˈoʊˈkeɪ, ˌoʊˈkeɪ, ˈoʊˌkeɪ/
1. Accepted; agreed. : So, he said, like, “okay,” and, like, I go “okay.” So we both go “Okay.” Okay?
1. Acceptable. : This cake is okay, but not what I would call first rate.
2. Acceptably. : She ran okay—nothing spectacular.
1. (Someone’s) acceptance. : I won’t give the final okay until I see the plans.
1. To approve something. : She refused to okay our plans.
__________________________________________________________________ Continue reading